Are you interested in knowing more about CBD? You are not alone. Every day, many people discover the immense potential of this non-psychoactive cannabinoid extracted from hemp and other cannabis strains. We carefully selected the following books below out of many available books about medical cannabis because they focus on CBD rather than marijuana or THC.
CBD is one of the most discussed and most researched cannabinoids, and there is a lot of information about it online. We would want to make things easy for those interested in learning more about it or planning on trying it.
We want everyone to know we are dedicated to educating as many consumers as possible about the incredible benefits of CBD oil. Still, we are not doctors, and we cannot always answer medical questions.
However, at CBD School, we believe that each of the CBD books we recommend may provide you with the proper guidance. Also, most of the books below were written by medical professionals.
The Best CBD Books
If you are ready to start your CBD journey and learn more about cannabinoids, we believe that the following six CBD books will be beneficial as you move forward.
Interested in learning more about the best CBD oils on the internet? We reviewed most of them, and the results may surprise you.
Cannabis Revealed is a book written by Bonni Goldstein, MD, a well-respected cannabis specialist who is also the medical director of Canna-Centers. Her organization, established in 2008, helps individuals incorporate medical cannabis into their lifestyle by providing them with medical evaluations.
Her 294-page cannabis and CBD book is extremely informative and educational as it seeks to explain how cannabis works as medicine. She explores the science behind what is dubbed as “the world’s most misunderstood plant.”
- Learn more about hemp-derived CBD, as well as the cannabis plant as a whole
- Explore more about the endocannabinoid system and how it works in an in-depth and easy-to-understand manner
- Be knowledgeable about utilizing cannabis as medicine and understand the effects of CBD and THC.
- Learn how to read and comprehend cannabis testing results
- Know the different delivery methods of cannabis medicine, dose recommendations, the difference between medicinal cannabis and recreational use, and much more
- The book’s final chapter reveals 28 conditions where cannabis has been beneficial, including the accompanying CBD research behind each of them.
- Martin A Lee, the Director of Project CBD, states that this book is a must-read for all who seek to understand the practical application and healing potential of therapeutic cannabis.
Enjoying your read? Sign up to be a part of the CBD School community, and we’ll send you a free eBook called The Beginner’s Guide to CBD. It will get you caught up in all things CBD. Additionally, you’ll get updates on the best CBD products and discounts in the industry.
Cannabis and CBD Science for Dogs
Caroline Coile, PhD., is a canine expert who has over 30 documented scientific research papers on the therapeutic benefits of cannabis for animals. In her illuminating book Cannabis and CBD Science for Dogs, she introduces the readers to various new CBD oil products in the cannabis and CBD industry specifically formulated for pets in need of them.
Related: CBD Oil For Pets
When you read her CBD book, you will learn:
- The history of hemp, and in more detail, the history of American hemp
- The therapeutic applications of CBD and other non-psychoactive cannabinoids and terpenes
- Various CBD products you can use for your beloved pets
- Stories of other pet owners who discovered how beneficial CBD oil is to their pets
CBD-Rich Hemp Oil
Stephen Leonard-Johnson, Ph.D., is a certified Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse and a current member of the American Cannabis Nurses Association (ACNA).
In his CBD book, CBD-rich Hemp Oil, he focuses on natural hemp-derived CBD and how it can benefit your health when taken in the form of hemp oil. He also covers the following information:
- The difference between CBD as a cannabinoid and marijuana
- The significance of understanding the endocannabinoid system (ECS)
- How THC and CBD work in harmony with the ECS
- What is endocannabinoid deficiency, and how can marijuana help
- The expansive range of therapeutic benefits CBD can offer
- Countless conditions in which CBD is beneficial
Medical Marijuana and Your Pet
Are you wondering if CBD products can help your pet? Hence, you should read Medical Marijuana and Your Pet, a book written by Dr. Robert Silva, a Denver-based holistic veterinarian.
The book offers crucial information you need to know about the potential risks and benefits of using medical cannabis to treat pets with serious medical problems. You will discover:
- What makes CBD and medicinal cannabis different
- The therapeutic benefits of CBD oil and the many conditions it is beneficial for
- The various products you can find at dispensaries
- Which products in the cannabis business are safer to use for your pets
CBD: What You Need to Know
For people seeking to find the truth about CBD, author Gregory Smith, MD, offers a scientifically supported book that is patient-focused.
The 215-page interactive book provides readers with everything they need to know about CBD so they can make educated and well-informed decisions when choosing the ideal products for their personal needs. The book covers the following details:
- Scientific accounts and personal stories of people who experienced the benefits of CBD during the past 20 years
- The history and the legal issues regarding the use of THC vs CBD in cannabis
- How CBD affects the body and the brain to deliver its excellent benefits
- Advice and recommendations on how to use CBD for different medical conditions, such as pain, anxiety, seizures, tapering off opioid addiction, and more
- A particular CBD protocol to help decrease and eventually stop opioid use
CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medical Cannabis-Healing Without the High
The book is perhaps one of the most accessible guides on CBD we have ever encountered. It is a fantastic read and is hands-down going into our list of all-time favorite books about CBD.
Related: Does CBD Get You High?
It is written by Leonard Leinhow, the founder of Synergy Wellness. He has at least three decades of experience in medical cannabis and cannabis cultivation. His 325-page book contains information suitable for new patients and experienced users alike.
CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medical Cannabis covers the following:
- The endocannabinoid system and its role on pain response, memory, mood, immunity, and appetite
- Organized information on various health conditions, such as anxiety, depression, arthritis, seizures, and more
- Interviews with doctors, case studies, and up-to-date research on the different phytocannabinoids and terpenes in cannabis that are currently being examined for medical purposes
- The difference between a CBD product derived from hemp, those made from medicinal cannabis, and those produced in labs
- How CBD works and how to use it for pets
- The future outlook of medicinal cannabis and the current trends in legalization
- How CBD can help fight the opioid epidemic
Summary – The Best Books About Cannabidiol (CBD)
It seems that the coronavirus and CBD go well together. As the pandemic shuts people off from social contact and other activities, more and more people look into the benefits of CBD for relief.
Cannabis is one miraculous plant, and it does an excellent job by providing us with CBD and other cannabinoids. However, it is good to educate ourselves about CBD and how it impacts our health by reading the best books written about the subject. Use these books act as a reference guide when using CBD.